3 times fd

Discussion in 'CT6' started by kkkkk, Jul 18, 2011.

1. kkkkk

kkkkk Member

I have write three time ct6 exam and FD all time , in my 2nd sitting I have prepared well and write 65% of exam and get FD, in my April 2011 sitting I prepared in over kill manner by new material with Q/A bank ,Asset exam, mock exam practice and clear all concept very well, I write 85% of exam in which I am sure to get 70 marks , then now I am not only fail but got FD , its unbelievable for me. i write very clear explanation in exam same as asset .
    , have any one this kind of worse exp....:please help me

2. bystander

bystander Member

by writing 85% of paper, do you mean you are not finishing the paper? Best advice is always finish the paper but if you end up on the borderline pile, having missed some qns puts douvts in the examiners mind.

However with FD you clearly are going wrong somewhere so options are:
    1: get exam counselling
    2: get marking on assignments and do them under strict exam conditions. The marking is independent and will therefore point out what you are missing and how to improve.
    3: take a break from the subject. Fresh eyes can help.
    4. have tutorials.

Talk with other students about their approach to the subject and compare how you tackle this one compared to any others which you have passed.

IMPORTANT: remember having failed victory is all the sweeter when you pass.
    DESPAIR NOT.

3. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

from my experience, I think it is the most technical paper from CTs with marks being collected purely from calculation based questions....there is lots to calculate in only 3 hours and for this subject, I am now going to learn all possible shortcuts and fastest, most efficient ways to finish all questions in time....there is no time for error, there is no time to think or derive everything....

4. bystander

bystander Member

Vikki is right. You don't want to do a derivation unless the instruction word in the question is DERIVE. Otherwise use the formulae per the book.

A final tip is if you know you have a stupid/infeasible answer say so. If need be, you can then carry on going having stated a more reasonable answer and carrying that forward. At lesat you are then showing you knew how to proceed and realise you had a problem.

5. kkkkk

kkkkk Member

Thanks friends, your comments are seems very full, further more can any one have have experience of fail and then use revision notes and mini asset are they more help full.

6. bystander

bystander Member

Its really personal preference. ASET can give a better explanation that examiners solution.

In the Cts its about technique so I'd say notes are less helpful.

But, if you haven't used them before at least its something different to work through, but do so ACTIVELY