2018 relevant questions

Discussion in 'CP1' started by Anna, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Anna

Anna Member

Are there any questions from the April 2018 and September 2018 papers that are no longer part of the course?

2. GTB_Actuarial

GTB_Actuarial Member

I'd be interested to know this also Anna, as these could form additional (almost) full past papers (rather than doing these individually from revision booklets).

If someone could state which parts of questions, or whole questions (if applicable to a whole question) are not examinable that would be ideal.

As an example, I attempted the September 2018 paper and from memory there was a longer question which covered Value at Risk in quite a lot of detail, that would probably be one area that is not examinable (or not to the same extent as it was on CA1).

3. Lindsay Smitherman

Lindsay Smitherman ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi - my gut reaction was that they all have some merit, but yes good shout on that VaR question.

So I've just checked through the Revision Note booklets to see which question parts we omitted from that, and it's as follows:

April Paper 2: Q5 part (iii)
    Sept Paper 2: Q1 (all) & Q7 parts (v) and (vi)

So I would recommend skipping those. (The Paper 1s are both fine)

4. Lindsay Smitherman

Lindsay Smitherman ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi again - I've since been asked about the September 2018 'Spare' paper that is also available from the paper exam papers page of the IFoA's website.

FWIW I think all those questions remain in syllabus, although the list on which the Paper 1 Q2 solution is based has since been changed. However, it still seems a reasonable question to use to practise idea generation on models.