2017 dates

Discussion in 'CA2' started by Actuarial Trainee, Sep 21, 2016.

1. just sat first part of ca2 and not feeling confident at all.

Anyone know when the 2017 exam dates will become available?

Thanks

2. BhatiaI

BhatiaI Member

Same here, any clues on the 2017 dates for the exam?

Thanks

3. soopenk

soopenk Member

i felt very time pressured.

4. Nice to know I'm not alone with my feelings. I've prepared throughly for this exam as its only one I've got left but just feel like there is not enough time to understand the question then to do a decent model/audit trail. Let alone check your work :-(

5. BhatiaI

BhatiaI Member

Same here, I was just discussing the same with my manager, I am literally feeling stupid for being stuck on trying to understand the question and still not understanding it fully and hence doing a weird i.e incomplete model and audit trail.

6. LastHurdles

LastHurdles Member

Hopefully there will be some places left for retakers on their last exam at the next session so they don't have to wait a whole year!!!!

7. bystander

bystander Member

It's a two part exam. Keep the faith!

8. Chmel Oon

Chmel Oon Member

I couldn't see the actuarial annotations on the exam paper to try to understand them.. Took me some time to realise that I should have opened in PDF and not words ^^" I think what's really important is for us to learn from the lessons and not repeat them (at work or during the next exams) again! Pass or fail, it was a good experience for me :)

Anyway, we have 3 months before the results are out on the 26th Dec: https://www.actuaries.org.uk/studying/exam-bookings/exam-dates

The actual 2017 dates are not out yet but I'll imagine there to be a sitting in Feb/March, May/June and Sep/Oct. For exact dates, we'll have to check: https://www.actuaries.org.uk/studying/exam-bookings/exam-dates/exam-dates-2017 later on this year.

9. bystander

bystander Member

What a busy results time. ST results out 22 Dec and this one Boxing Day. I'd keep your eye on the 26 Dec date because it's a bank holiday and means the results will probably be coded ahead of time, with a forward stamped publication time. No one at the profession will be working. May be worth asking whether the date is right.