2008 assignment X1 question2

Discussion in 'CA3' started by uktous, Apr 20, 2009.

1. uktous

uktous Member

I looked at the solution for 2008 assignment X1 question2 .

The “style” is very different from the solutions in the exam reports of the CA3 professional exam.

For example, in assignment x, the whole sentence is written on a slide, as below

*The higher the expected amount of interest
    to be earned in the future, the less we need
    to put aside now................................

*..................since the smaller transfer value
    together with the higher interest will be enough to
    provide the pension.​

One sentence in 1 slide using 6 lines…… this style is very different from the solution for CA3 exam in exam report.
    It contains too much information, but very easy to understand.

My question is
    Will the examiner prefers the style in assignment X or the style in exam report?

I think the assignment X solution may be more information than expected, because it needs to ensure we understand.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2009
  2. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

There are many acceptable 'styles', and the examiners will be happy as long as the message is conveyed appropriately. Best not to try to reproduce just one style each time.

3. uktous

uktous Member

If the slide contains a complete sentence with 38 words, will we be penalised?

I like the style in a slide in assignment x, because it is very easy to understand

4. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Normally I'd baulk at 38 words in a sentence. But because it's split up into two bits, and as you say, is easy to understand, it works for me - and hopefully the examiners too!