15 minutes reading time

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Edwin, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hello, this is my first time writing a subject with reading time. During practise I found myself without any specific task to do during this time except going with the flow. I will appreciate comments form those who believe they put this time to better use of how I can improve my exam technique,

2. cjno1

cjno1 Member

I used to read through the paper once fully, to familiarise myself with all the questions. As I went through, for every question, I would write on the question paper any acronyms I could remember which would help with that question. Then I would try and split the questions into two groups:

1) Ones which I felt I could pick up easy marks for and get out of the way quickly.
    2) Tougher questions that would require more thinking

Then in any remaining reading time I had, I would start writing down notes for how to get started on one of the harder questions.

This way, when I actually started the paper, I would do the "easy" questions first and pick up all the marks I could get, and leave myself as much time as possible to tackle the tougher questions.

Remember, you can answer the questions in any order you like in the exam, don't feel you need to do 1, then 2, then 3, etc.