Investigation into possible plagiarism

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Peter90, Jul 19, 2020.

1. N93

N93 Member

Pretty sure it is a generic email, the bottom of it notes that we are getting it cos subscribed to the student newsletter. I imagine/hope everyone will be getting it some point soon.

Nishkarsh Shrivastava likes this.
  2. Great. This is what I was checking.

3. Apologies for stressing anyone out :)

4. Milly

Milly Member

No worries - thanks for the warning I suppose

5. N93

N93 Member

[​IMG]
    Screenshot of the bottom of the email

Nishkarsh Shrivastava and Eze like this.
  6. associate

associate Active Member

wtf I almost died reading the email.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  7. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

Aha, I received that email too. Did everyone receive it so?

8. I received it too. Were the letters last time sent this close to results day? The fact that it is so close to results day does not seem fair to me.

9. BrendanC

BrendanC Made first post

Also got that email. I know the newsletter disclaimer is at the bottom but they really should make it a little clearer that it's a generic that's sent to everyone.

I'll be anxious about every email coming into my inbox over the next two weeks now!

10. Roy672

Roy672 Member

They were sent one week before results last time. Disgraceful if you ask me. I can’t see how these investigations couldn’t have happened much sooner.

11. To be honest, I am only anxious because of how many people on this forum were accused last time. I read this entire thread and was shocked to learn that for most people the accusations made little sense. The way IFoA should have dealt with this is to specific the dates on which the letters should be released. The lack of clarity on this just adds to the anxiety. I am not surprised though they did something similar pre-April 2020 session.

12. Lara

Lara Member

I emailed the IFoA asking if it was a generic email or specific and they replied saying the email is 'a general one sent to all candidates who sat exams in the September 2020 session'

13. Received it an hour ago and read through it for the next hour. These days I am waiting for my offer letter and excited to see any notification from outlook. Unfortunately, this email scared me off.

14. N93

N93 Member

In fairness that is what the email today was about, except for the fact that they have effectively announced that letters will be sent out tomorrow, which isn't a very helpful announcement unfortunately timing wise.

15. LiamF

LiamF Made first post

God, that should have been MUCH clearer on the email. Heart in mouth stuff.

16. nanaba

nanaba Keen member

Just lost 10 years of my life time from the shock...

17. MindFull

MindFull Ton up Member

Nearly fell off the treadmill... :S

Nishkarsh Shrivastava and Roy672 like this.
  18. Milly

Milly Member

For those who went through the process last exam sitting, what kind of things did you use to prove yourself innocent? I can imagine it was a very stressful situation and I’ve no idea how you could prove yourself innocent

19. Eze

Eze Member

I received as well and was surprised as well.

20. BrianCunningham

BrianCunningham Active Member

I got it on my phone, and the 5-word email subject on a small screen in a big font sounded very ominous. They could have phrased it way better.

21. mavvj

mavvj Ton up Member

If the aim was to reassure us, it was a complete failure.