Investigation into possible plagiarism

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Peter90, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Redz

Redz Member

Got a response. Collusion case dismissed. Happy days

mavvj and VictorC_Lndn like this.
  2. Sindy

Sindy Keen member

Thanks! Got a response - didn't cheat woo

mavvj and VictorC_Lndn like this.
  3. NJ1600

NJ1600 Member

Did any of you pass?

4. Redz

Redz Member

Up to 48hrs to wait till results are updated

5. mwild4803

mwild4803 Member

Me too! I've just got the clear. So relieved. What an emotional roller coaster it's been

Roy672, mavvj and VictorC_Lndn like this.
  6. NJ1600

NJ1600 Member

It's not over yet. They still have to release results. They make us wait 2 months for results, an extra month and then an extra 5 days and then an extra 48 hours. and if we fail, they give us a month to prepare knowing our positions. At least give them to us today so we have a weekend to get stuff together.

I don't mean to complain but comon man

Sindy, Redz and VictorC_Lndn like this.
  7. Act_SMC

Act_SMC Member

What did the email where the complaint was dismissed consist of? Small sample size so far but if they are dismissing most claims then this is an even bigger shambles than it first appeared.

I would personally be considering making a formal complaint if this affected me considering the additional stress caused and the fact it has severely eaten into study plans for the next sitting.

8. mavvj

mavvj Ton up Member

Good news for those who were cleared. Hope that was the case for everyone.

9. Roy672

Roy672 Member

I was also cleared. I'm still disgusted at the way we've been treated by the IFoA and being made to wait even longer to get our results is ridiculous. They seriously need to provide clarity on what their own regulations are because currently they're just making it up as they go along.

10. Sindy

Sindy Keen member

I failed LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL they made me wait so long to tell me that. Wow.

almost_there likes this.
  11. Roy672

Roy672 Member

Sorry to hear that, such a shame after waiting so long. Where did you get your result?

12. Sindy

Sindy Keen member

Exam history

13. NJ1600

NJ1600 Member

u sure? if you were retaking, then your exam history would have said fail? did it go from H to fail?

14. Sindy

Sindy Keen member

yea it went from H to F! also got my results letter as well with my mark

SIGH

good luck everyone!

VictorC_Lndn likes this.
  15. Roy672

Roy672 Member

I got a pass! 67 for CP1 :)

actually, Sindy, VictorC_Lndn and 2 others like this.
  16. NJ1600

NJ1600 Member

I passed 1 and failed 1. One of my friends friends did actually get disqualified from the april sitting so they didn't scrap it

I would like to thank everyone in this thread for the support during this roller coaster ride that actually really helped me during this tough time. It was good to have this network as I think alone for me personally would have been so tough.

17. Roy672

Roy672 Member

Couldn't agree more. Finding this thread really helped me keep going. I have to say, it was extremely suspicious that the forum disappeared for so long and silenced the discussion which was gaining momentum a few weeks ago. I think there needs to be more independence between ActEd and the IFoA and it's made me think that it's time to set up some sort of independent body to unionise actuarial students and provide support if anything like this ever happens again.

18. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

ActEd would like to clarify that the technical issues we recently experienced impacting our website, online store and forums were in no way related to any discussions on the forums. The IFoA has no involvement whatsoever in the management of our forums.

VictorC_Lndn and asp_act99 like this.
  19. Nr-actuary

Nr-actuary Member

The question is, do you trust the institute. What guarantee is there that they won't do it in the September sitting?

VictorC_Lndn and almost_there like this.
  20. almost_there

almost_there Member

Many people are. It is discussed more freely elsewhere on the internet too, for obvious reasons.

VictorC_Lndn and Roy672 like this.
  21. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Glad to hear that so many of you have had positive outcomes. Out of interest, did the investigation strike you as a complete surprise? Or did you think that you had, in hindsight, accidentally breached a regulation unintentionally due to poor communication over the meaning of "open book" from the IFoA.