Topical Issues

Discussion in 'SA6' started by Imidinho, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Imidinho

Imidinho Member

Hi Tutors

Can you provide me with a list of current investment issues and any useful additional readings relating to them?

Many Thanks

2. Hi Imidinho

Colin is on holiday this week. He says that he does have a current list, but not with him. He'll get back to you some time next week. Hope that's ok.

Michael Hosking

3. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

current topics

Hi. Which important topics to read up on is a common thread in SA6 - as you know the exam is almost entirely based on investment market knowledge gained from experience and from reading around the key SA6 topics.

Chapter 0 of the course notes gives some information on the topics that I feel are key to the subject, and also contains an extensive list of further reading that the Institute and Faculty consider to be appropriate for reading around these subject areas. This is the best source of further reading, and I do not have any other sources that I can recommend. It is also difficult for me to specify which of the further reading list are more important and which are less because in truth I do not have any knowledge on this.

The FAQ thread of this forum also lists some topical issues that I believe are relevant at the present time, but that relate to either earlier courses or to recent financial market events, and may not be covered in the SA6 course. These should also be considered if you have time during your revision.

The last item is a list of questions that I design and update from year to year, which I use in SA6 tutorials. These are not in the course, and I issue them only in tutorials. The questions are often based on items within the further reading list, but the solutions are my own opinions, which we discuss in the tutorial environment. I am afraid I dont circulate this one other than in the tutorials.

I hope this helps.

Colin

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014