Cancelling CA3 April in order to sit new exam in Sept

Discussion in 'CA3' started by almost_there, Mar 3, 2017.

1. almost_there

almost_there Member

Hi,
    Has anyone else decided to cancel CA3 in April in order to take the new version of this exam in September instead?

I don't feel we have had quite enough information about how September will differ, although I do welcome what I've heard so far. For example no presentation on webcam and the assessment cut down to 3 hours rather than a day and a half of agony.

So I'm curious if others have done the same thing as me despite these unknowns? I have lost confidence in the current version of this exam and its marking so might as well try the new format out? Of course it is inconvenient having to wait even longer before potentially qualifying. Also we don't know the exam fee for Sept or when the exam results will be out?

Will there be new material from acted to help us prepare for this new style exam?

I'm getting tired of complaining about IFoA matters relating to this exam but hear this: they said people would be refunded if they've entered for April but decide instead to cancel and try the new version in September. 21st February I was told they've received my cancellation request and a refund would be processed in due course. No refund has arrived. Today I'm told a refund is on the way but have to wait another 10 working days. This is simply unacceptable. No well-run organisation needs to have a delay like this for providing refunds. Even the most reluctant bookmaker would process a withdrawal in 5 working days or less!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  2. Retrieva

Retrieva Active Member

Market power at work.

More demand than supply. The institute has upper hand. Sad reality.

almost_there likes this.
  3. almost_there

almost_there Member

Thankfully they've agreed to fast track this now.

Retrieva likes this.