ASET papers

Discussion in 'SA7' started by mgh, Jul 22, 2022.

1. mgh

mgh Active Member

Hi

I'm planning to sit SA7 in September for the first time and I'm wondering why there are no ASET papers available?

To practice past papers, would you recommend going through the examiners reports for the past papers/ any other tips for practicing past papers? Similarly, for subjects prior to SA7, to use the examiner reports for the relevant questions (appreciating there is a list of relevant SA7 questions in another thread).

Many thanks

2. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi
    As you say, there are no ActEd ASET or revision book products. There are simply not enough students do SA7 to warrant these products. The examiners reports can be obtained easily for the past SA7, SA6 and SA5 papers. And as you mention above, there is an ActEd thread on this forum that lists all the past questions (SA5, SA6 and SA7) and rates them in terms of:
    yes, they are still suitable for SA7
    no, they are not suitable, not relevant, or out of date
    in between, where they are OK but perhaps would be asked/answered in a different way nowadays.

Hopefully these resources should be OK for you.

3. mgh

mgh Active Member

Hi Colin
    That makes sense and many thanks for your response! I figured that would be the case - half wanted to check I hadn't just missed them somehow also.

Thanks again