April '09 results part II

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by jimlad, Jul 15, 2009.

1. jimlad

jimlad Member

I'm already bricking it.

Good luck, peoples.

2. phantom

phantom Member

good luck to u too!

3. didster

didster Member

Good luck.

Fingers crossed for favourable results and that the results site doesn't crash like 2 weeks ago.

4. capitalH

capitalH Member

I wanted to comment that it will probably not as there should be less people writing the CA, ST and SA exams but:

For September 2008 3936 students presented themselves for CT subjects and
    3444 for the CA, ST and SA exams (institute only).

Now considering that for the the CT exams it is more common to have more exams per sitting there is probably more duplication in the 3936 than the 3444 (hence the numbers are closer to each other than they appear).

I found this strange that the numbers is so close, but it could be due to:
    1. Lower pass rates for CA, ST and SA exams.
    2. Exemptions is more common for CT exams.

5. phantom

phantom Member

good analysis.. u will pass..

6. Genesiss

Genesiss Member

Someone please answer me.....what is the rationale for having the CT subjects results published earlier than the CAs, STs and SAs?
    It is pure agony waiting for over weeks to get to know the results after CTs!!!:mad:

7. Phoenix

Phoenix Member

I agree it's torture!
    Guessing I would say the CT exams are quicker to correct than the later exams as they are for the most part calculation questions. Maybe you should pose the question to someone in the institute and see what reply you get?
    Best of luck tonight and fingers crossed the site doesn't crash again!

8. Zebedee

Zebedee Member

There is far more subjectivity in marking the later exams. This means marking each script takes longer, and also means greater divergence between the scores given by first and second markers - meaning much higher proportions need to be third marked.

Good luck tonight!

9. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

I think I will need all this luck that is going around!!!!

Good luck to you guys also

10. phantom

phantom Member

why is it that there are only 7 or 8 of us freaks around here? the others don't care about the results?

11. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

I passed SA3!!! I thought i might get st5 if I was lucky, had pretty much discounted my chances with sa3 - so happy!!! ST5 in September will be easy now I got my confidence back. Woo hoo!!! :)

12. jimlad

jimlad Member

2 STs for me tonight.

Take that, bitches!

And congrats to the rest of you passing people