1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Work placement in India

Discussion in 'India' started by Actuarialism, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Actuarialism

Actuarialism Member

Hi all, I'm from the UK, (however have family in India) and have taken four CT exams independently. I'm now trying to gain some actuarial experience to complement my exam passes on my CV.

Is it possible for someone like myself to gain a few months experience in an actuarial company in India?

2. kartik_newpro

kartik_newpro Member

Well I am not an expert nor do I have enough information but I think the entry level jobs are too hard to get in India right now. With supply being much more than demand, India is not an ideal place for a entry level job right now.

Thats just my view. I would be grateful to receive any more comments on the same.

3. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

Actually, this was the situation 6months back. The situation has taken a U-turn now and there are more EL actuarial jobs than coca-cola advertisements. I (6months exp and counting) keep getting calls from recruitment firms almost everyday.

Darwin Rhodes is a really good place to start with for sending your resume.

4. kartik_newpro

kartik_newpro Member

Oh thats real good news. Thanks. And all the vacancies I have seen demand atleast 3 papers cleared. Is the situation still the same?

5. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

Yeah, 3 papers is usually a bare minimum.

6. Hetvi

Hetvi Member

I will be done with my graduation by April 2018 in BSc Applied Statistics and Analytics from NMIMS University, Mumbai, India.
    I will be done with 6 papers by then. So what companies should I approach to? A few names would be really helpful.
    Also, when should I ideally start approaching companies if i want to start working by May 2018? And what package should I expect while joining?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2017