What paper to take next?

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Jia Syuen, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Jia Syuen

Jia Syuen Active Member

I just passed my CT3 of IFoA.

A little detail for my situation now.
    I am an University student in my 2nd year. The courses offered in my university are designed for SoA exam such as STAM,LTAM,etc. I'll be taking Life Con courses in my next semester, but as you know, the topics in STAM for SoA are really not same with the IFoA (CM1).

I don't know what papers I should take next. I've been thinking to take CM1 or CS2, but they are really heavy papers to cope with. I've to maintain my CGPA in my university while self studying for the professional papers. Hope that anyone can give me some professional opinion. Thanks in advance.

Additional: I would get the exemptions for CB1 and CB2 most likely.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  2. Nitin Prabhu

Nitin Prabhu Member

If you are not sure of your ability to cope with the heavy papers, I suggest you start studying for CB1 and CS2. I suggest CS2 instead of CM1 since you have already passed CT3 and CS2 is linked to CT3.

You could attempt the lighter CB1 exam in April. You could study CS2 at a slower pace and attempt that in September. Passing CT-4 and CT-6 required considerable practice rather than mere reading of the study material so I know CS2 is not to be taken lightly.

Once you get a taste of CS2, you should be able to tackle CM1 and CM2 which will be of similar difficulty to CS2.

3. annuitydue

annuitydue Member

If you want a shorter/easier one, just to cross another one off, then I'd go CB1. CM1 is likely to be easier than CS2.