what happens if I do not attend online Business game

Discussion in 'CT9' started by Hemant Rupani, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Hemant Rupani

Hemant Rupani Senior Member

Hi there,
    This time 10 days CT9's Business game clashing my April CA1 exam.(But online exam is in june, I don't know when the next batch will be announced). So I'm thinking to register for CT9 and skip some Business game days and attend online exam seriously.

2. bystander

bystander Member

If you go onto the professions site and search for ct9 business game it tells you that you don't need to have input into the business game every day in that 10 day window. But I wouldn't skip the game entirely as I would imagine it forms part of the assessment. Clearly you won't have time on exam day itself but I'm sure you could at least log in a couple of other days just to see what is happening without jeopardising ca1. Write to the profession directly - they may know other dates even if not yet published and can offer more advice

Hemant Rupani likes this.
  3. Hemant Rupani

Hemant Rupani Senior Member

Thank you Bystander!

Last day of Business game is 29th April. I see I compulsarily need to submit 7 exercises on or before 29th.
    And my CA1 exam date is 26-27.
    So, now my plan is to skip starting days and be online on 28-29 and complete Exercises on time, Is the plan feasible?

Yes! I'll contact institute about possible month for next batch.

4. bystander

bystander Member

Didn't have to do it personally so can't tell you. But if the game starts 19th (I'm going by the fact you mentioned 10 days previously) I'd do something in the first few days. Hopefully your ca1 revision is well up to speed so you can spare a bit of time. As its a business game you may actually find doing it helps in ca1 in some way as you may well be thinking about strategy and risk so there are broad links.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hemant Rupani likes this.