1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

What do the examiners see?

Discussion in 'CA3' started by Edwin, Feb 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Edwin

Edwin Member

When uploading my slides, I saw they text was very small. This makes it uncomfortable to present. I also added a white bold text on a green slide and could barely see the text. What size do the examiners see, will it be bigger than the default webcam upload?

2. David Wilmot

David Wilmot ActEd Tutor Staff Member

My understanding is that the Examiners see what you see, i.e. the video window/box next to the slide window/box. This is why I always recommend keeping the font sizes fairly large - especially on graph labelling. This will help your audience, and it will also help you when presenting.

In addition, you should use colour combinations that provide sufficient contrast to make them easy to read on a screen (e.g. orange text on a white background is hard to read!). As there are no (explicit) marks for 'attractive use of colour' I recommend that you stick to fairly simple colour schemes (e.g. black/blue/red text on a white background).