1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome

Discussion in 'India' started by Simon James, May 8, 2008.

1. Simon James

Simon James ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hello and welcome to this new forum. We hope this will be a place for you to discuss being an actuarial student in India with fellow students and to share similar problems and experiences.

ileanad likes this.
  2. thank you Simon

3. Simon James

Simon James ActEd Tutor Staff Member

You are welcome! At ActEd we are very keen to find out how we can better support Indian students. If you or any of your friends/colleagues have any suggestions please do post them here.

4. gee_firefox

gee_firefox Member

well

yes surely

i would surely like to let help out to indian students

i mean articles and whatever else is required
    i am willing to contribute

:)

5. TGCHAT

TGCHAT Member

Your suggestions please

Dear Friends,
    Greetings ! I am absolutely new to this forum.

I am planning to make a career shift to Actuarial Sc. I have an engineering (graduate and postgraduate) background.

I am specifically looking for a course which would allow me to study while keeping my current job. I am not in a position to migrate to UK to do a full time MSc. Act. Sc. course. I found that the University of Leicester offers a post graduate diploma (or degree if one wants that) in Actuarial Sc. in a distance education mode. I am interested in the same. However I do not have any inputs on how good (or otherwise) the course is. Also, the course being what it is, may not offer any intership offer (for industry experience) which (as I understand) is so vital for someone like me who wants a shift in career.

Do you have any idea on how the course offered by the Univ. of Leicester is? Is it really worth doing a course by distance learning for Act. Sc. I have not been able to be in touch with anybody who has actually done the course at Leicester.

Any relevant tips from you in this regard would be gratefully appreciated.

Warm regards,
    TGCHAT

P.S. I have been in touch with the university and the interaction is still continuing. However, for obvious reasons, receiving suggestions from someone with an independent point of view would be so much more helpful.

6. naman90

naman90 Member

Hi everyone my name is Naman and I live in Delhi. I have decided to persue acturial science.

7. Sure..

8. ileanad

ileanad Member

hello everyone i am Ileana and i am live in indore .

9. Shubh Anand

Shubh Anand Member

Hello friends
    I am Shubh Anand from Vaishali.
    Is anyone preparing for CM1 2021, from IAI ?

10. Daniella

Daniella Made first post

Hi
    I hope you all are well, and happy to join you