Tips for retakers

Discussion in 'SA4' started by JustAnotherActuary, Jan 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hi I'm sitting SA4 after a couple of failed attempts and am now getting on to studying for the exam. I've read this very helpful guide here: https://www.acted.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/sa4-2019-vs-2018.15383/, on the big changes to the core material. My big question is, are there any good tips for people retaking SA4. I know the material from the previous exams pretty well, so want to know what would be the best way to focus my time for this sitting?

2. bystander

bystander Member

Firstly : your statement 'I know the material from the previous exams pretty well'. Be honest with yourself what this means. What were your gaps/weaknesses and how relevant are they to the current syllabus? You seem aware that there are changes which is excellent.
    For me I'd be taking no chances. I'd start as if you never had sat it and ensure you go through the new course that way including buying fresh relevant materials.
    Do something different. Make fresh notes - don't just annotate old ones and definitely do some new question practise which means at least a mock but I'd do assignments too. And if there is a convenient revision course. If you are confident it's not exam technique letting you down, maybe just get the mock marked and in plenty of time. Whatever you do, be active not passive.