1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to submit a Recovery Plan to tPR

Discussion in 'SA4' started by Albaluna, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Albaluna

Albaluna Member

Hi all

Bit of a technical query - not critical (!) to my study but it has started a debate with my colleagues.

The course notes say that a Recovery Plan must be submitted to the Regulator within 5 days of the Schedule of Contributions being signed/agreed (Page 30 of Chapter 4).

When reading tPR's Code of Practice on funding, "Reasonable Period" appears to be defined as ten working days. Also, the funding regs don't appear to define the "Reasonable Period".

Can anyone show me where the 5 days in the course notes has come from? I have an Easter egg riding on the answer.

Thanks

2. I believe it is 10 days.

However, the Core Reading states that the SOC, together with the recovery plan must be sent to the Regulator within five days of the date on which the SOC is certified.

So I think in the September 2016 exam, for example, the Examiners would have also given credit if five days was given instead of ten.