Time spent on pre-course material

Discussion in 'CT9' started by John H, May 5, 2009.

1. John H

John H Member

Just sat my exams last month, wanted a bit of a break before I start again but have CT9 course at the beginning of June. I was just wondering how much time is need to do the pre-course material.

Can anyone advise?

2. mattt78

mattt78 Member

CT9 pre-course material

i'm doing a CT9 course in July but didn't know that there's pre-course material.

Are they meant to send it to you, or can you download it somewhere?

I signed up months ago but I haven't received anything (other than the invoice).

3. Falak Soomro

Falak Soomro Member

Matt I am sitting CT9 on DL version in July as well. I went through the login section of CT9 and took an understanding of what is it going to be like. But no course material is open yet as I searched into links attached to the course website.

Guess we will have to wait until they send us details of login of external websites to do the reading of the material.

When are you sitting the module and where are you based?

4. mattt78

mattt78 Member

CT9 pre-course material

Falak, I just got an email from the institue this afternoon giving me instructions to log in to a couple of different sites for strategic thinking and legal awareness material to cover before the course.

I'm in London, taking the course in London. I assume the fee includes overnight accomodation, and the course is probably being run from the same hotel(?) . They don't seem to have made this clear anywhere.

I just noticed that there is a half hour on-line test at the end of the second day. Is that the actual CT9 test to dermine whether you've passed or not? I assume not - I was under the impression you could take the final test on-line whenever you wanted after the course. Does anyone know about that?

5. Falak Soomro

Falak Soomro Member

Matt, honestly I have no idea about the course fee that you are being your course in July then its good that you have received the course material login details.

I have viewed the BAMDL website where details of course structure for DL version specifies that to pass online test one has to achieve at least 75% of correct answers and that DL version candidates can take as test as many times to pass it without incurring any additional fees. I do not know how similar is this structure with actual two-day face-to-face course.

Good luck! :)

6. attackingfish

attackingfish Member

The agenda certainly does read like that! I attended the course last week, and there was no test. The item on the agenda refers to a five minute explanation of how the on-line test will work.

7. mattt78

mattt78 Member

Ct9

good!

So does it really matter if you read the 'pre-course material' before the course if its not actually assessed? I assume you can't fail the course (just the exam), so as long as you turn up and make an effort with the group exercises etc, you're ok - is that right?