1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

TB- vary with duration

Discussion in 'SA2' started by yogesh167, Feb 28, 2019.

1. yogesh167

yogesh167 Member

Hello

Please refer to attachment (from SA2 study material pg5 of ch3), I could not understand the reason in the part (b) of the question that why terminal bonus is likely to vary with duration for format(a)?

Please explain, thanks in advance..

Attached Files:

2. Em Francis

Em Francis ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi
    Total reversionary bonuses (format (b)) might be a reasonable proxy to duration as reversionary bonuses are built up over time. However, format (a) includes % of sum assured and the amount of sum assured doesn't reflect duration of policy, rather it is set at outset.

Does this help?
    Thanks
    Em

3. yogesh167

yogesh167 Member

Yes Em, I completely agree with what you are saying but sorry to say I am unable to connect it with how does it answer my query of TB varying more by duration in case of % of (SA + RB) instead of total RB only.

Please help me to understand the same.

4. Em Francis

Em Francis ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi

This is because it includes the sum assured which doesn't vary with duration.