Taking P0 and one of P1-P6 separately?

Discussion in 'Practice modules' started by Butters, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Butters

Butters Member

In the syllabus for P0 it says:

"generally P0 will be taken at the same time as one of P1-P6 but may be taken separately"

My question is what circumstances would P0 be taken separately?

It makes more sense to me to take P0 separately if this is an option and do your specific P1-P6 after (or before), as it saves having to re-take both papers if you fail?

Have I misunderstood?

Thanks in advance.

2. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

I cant think of a situation when you would want to take P0 separately, unless you had nothing to do, and wanted to test yourself on regulation.

3. Butters

Butters Member

Thanks for the response Colin.

I think you have mis-read my original message - I have given a situation - "It makes more sense to me to take P0 separately if this is an option and do your specific P1-P6 after (or before), as it saves having to re-take both papers if you fail?"

Let's say I wanted to take P0 next week and pass. Could I then do, say P4 in 5 months time? (thus avoiding the possibility of having to re-sit both tests together)
    (or vice versa)

4. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Ahh. No I dont think this is possible. For that to be possible, you would also have to have the option to sit (say) P5 separately. As far as I know its only P0 that can be sat separately.