1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Stick with ASSA or move to IFoA?

Discussion in 'South Africa' started by Jeffrey Paterson, Oct 8, 2018.

1. almost_there

almost_there Member

I wonder how IFoA justify exemption fees with overseas bodies they have mutual recognition with? I don't think those using mutual recognition have to pay exemption fee for each exam, they just get recognised.

2. Bidza

Bidza Member

You would only be exempt from writing the F100s once you qualify as a fellow from the IFOA. If you were to transfer your credits the ST passes would not be recognized and you would have to write the F100s. The only ST pass that can be recognized before you become a fellow is ST9.

3. Infinity

Infinity Member

what is the Point of continuing if the IFoA says that Fellowship is no longer required. They are trying to introduce the chartered actuary qualification and diminish the importance of Fellowship. Having worked for 18 years in the industry, i can't say that the exams and especially the ST and SAs contain anything i didn't know already and i have just wasted my life memorising large chunks of Information for nothing. I would stop and concentrate on your career. Get out of Actuarial, you'll be happier