1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

ST0 exemption for Master Dissertation

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by moreoomph, Feb 8, 2012.

1. arnie_d12

arnie_d12 Member

Please can you tell me what your evidence looked like e.g. how long it was and what sections was it split into?

Thanks

2. Ashwin Shrivastava

Ashwin Shrivastava Active Member

Hi,

I got this exemption because I have an MBA from a specific list that IFoA refers to. I had to send my transcript along with it.

3. Roneil Patel

Roneil Patel Member

Hi Laura,

Is there any mark needed for this in the dissertation?

4. Roneil Patel

Roneil Patel Member

can we still get the exemption just from a masters in a field relating? Or do we need to have a thesis?

5. laura_mils

laura_mils Active Member

Hi
    I’m not sure about the mark, I think they have a mark specified for the other exemptions so may be worth a look at the full guidance on exemptions.
    My sp0 exemption was specifically for my dissertation, it was on health related data, but all the modelling and statistics I used was very relevant to actuarial. I did just straight up msc. Statistics so not an actuarial one.
    I would say read the guidance and if you think at all you are eligible; and your employer is willing to support an application for exemption, you should apply for it as you have nothing to loose!
    Good luck & if worst comes to worst end you have to do the sp it will be useful for your sa anyway! I had to read and learn the one I was exempt from before my sa exam.
    Laura

6. laura_mils

laura_mils Active Member

I’m honestly not sure - you’re best asking the ifoa and I would always apply if you’re not certain you wouldn’t get the exemption. It’s a few years since I qualified now so am not familiar with the most recent rules.
    Good luck!