Spider Diagram for Memorizing Bookwork

Discussion in 'CA1' started by AXA, Feb 15, 2018.

1. AXA

AXA Member

Hello everyone.
    I am having my second go on CA1 this April and given that the current CA1 structure is going away in 2019 I am bit stressed to pass it before then.
    The reason I believe I failed on the the first time is due to the fact that I relied more on general understanding of the material than memorizing the bookwork which I think made me lacking ideas during the exam.

This time therefore I decided to focus almost completely on learning the Bookwork. I thought, and this is where I need your opinions, to create some sort of a spider diagram linking the main CA1 concepts with their relevant chapters and acronyms. I think this will allow me to more easily generate points in the exam by enabling me to map the questions to the appropriate parts from the notes.

Has anyone done anything similar to this and if so any do you have any suggestions? Did it actually help?

Thank you in advance,
    A

2. bystander

bystander Member

Big fan of mind maps personally (so start with a central topic and create offshoots) which I think is what you are talking about. The trick then is to know how wide you need to go on individual questions and which 'arms' are relevant. See to just redraw them loads of times in final revision. Seemed to settle my nerves that I could generate ideas from a high level topic. I never bothered making a note though of where the branches were in the notes because they don't ask that in the exam!