September 2018

Discussion in 'SP1' started by ActEder, Sep 30, 2018.

1. ActEder

ActEder Member

How did everyone find this and compared to previous sittings? I found it time pressured not sure was I the only one. There was two different question parts worth 15 and 17 marks which was hard to generate sufficient points I feel..

2. actman

actman Member

I agree it's a long paper and I could not complete everything in the allocated time. However, I found this exam to be very challenging and interesting at the same time. The paper did not ask a lot of book-work questions but focused mainly on practical understanding/problem solving skills. It also covered a wide range of topics.
    How do you think you did?

3. ActEder

ActEder Member

Well I overspent on a few questions such as the 15 marks on the group 5 year contract - what were they looking for here? Also the last part of q 6 for was it 17 marks on the per policy expense assumptions for the new PMI product what key things did you say? A lot of ideas needed I feel.

How did everyone else approach these?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2018
  4. Jian_901

Jian_901 Member

I found the last question on Expense particularly challenging. I am not sure I provided the answers they were looking for.

There were two bookwork questions on underwriting and sales channel from memory, plus a question (Q1) often found asked in past papers.