1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

September 2014 Q2.i and ii

Discussion in 'SP9' started by DC92, Apr 7, 2019.

1. DC92

DC92 Member

Hi, just a quick question. Is the below statement from the 2014 Solutions still relevant for the upcoming sitting (ie. if they ask a calculation question and I only write the answer, but the answer is correct, will we gain full marks)? Thanks.

"The statement made in the summary section earlier said that marks were given for working. This is true. It does not however mean that the candidate needs to show working to gain full marks. If, as in this case, the question simply says “Calculate...” without reference to workings or reasoning then simply writing down the answer would gain full marks."

Thanks in advance
    DC92

2. Anna Bishop

Anna Bishop ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Yes I believe so. However, I would always recommend showing your workings. The main reason is this: iff you go wrong with your calculation then there is no way of obtaining partial marks unless you have shown some workings!