Scrip out Lam?

Discussion in 'SP9' started by Edwin, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

I think this textbook is redundant, there is very little you get from it that isn't in Sweeting, look at the Risk Mitigation chapter for example. Categorising risk Management as Basic, Standard and Best Practise doesn't improve our understanding and it's nothing you can actually use...

...it is possible to understand Risk Management with just Sweeting.

2. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I agree, although some past exam questions came from Lam, rather than Sweeting.

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

If you scrip it then you don't have to ask questions from it. The point is there is little value adding to your training as a Risk Manager by reading that book.

The only thing to take home is the 7 lessons. They can just include that in the CR and then acknowledge him.

4. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I get your points, but your post is not going to help us to pass an ST9 exam.

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hi V, hope the studying is going good;-

It helps me spot the redundant areas and to avoid double work, in the end I can have more time to go through my weak areas and to focus on exam technique and pass.

Secondly, just because we writing exams doesn't mean we should optimize our minds under the constraint of "only think about what is likely to increase my chance of a pass", but you can cut down redundancies. We are studying to be RISK PEOPLE!