SA6 topical issues

Discussion in 'SA6' started by Colin McKee, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

It is important that Subject SA6 students take the opportunity to keep abreast of current developments in investments and asset management. Several past exam questions and Examiners Reports have mentioned topical issues that are not covered explicitly by the Course Notes (or indeed those of ST5 or CA1) alone.

I have mentioned the papers and the general topics that I consider important in the FAQ thread.

The purpose of this thread is for Subject SA6 students to discuss topical issues on Investments. Feel free to add your own comments about topical issues.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. Eeyore

Eeyore Member

THe list of additional reading is quite long indeed.. Where do we start? And sometimes I can't even get hold of fraction of these papers..

What would you advise I do?

3. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Long list

Hi
    I have listed the topics that I think are important in the FAQ document thread. However, students may list other papers on this thread that they have read and think are important or useful.

4. Gareth

Gareth Member

So what's the big topic for 2008? I'm guessing the credit crunch, CDO/MBS fallout must come into it (this came up in CA1 this time)...

Any suggested papers worth reading on this? The BarCap gilt study for 2008 seems very relevant here - some good essays in it.

5. wantstopass

wantstopass Member

SA6 again!

Hi everybody,

I'm repeating SA6 again in April and keep on getting caught by questions on topics that I didn't read up on. The 130/30 funds being a good example in the previous paper. I try to keep up with what's going on the markets etc, but find it hard to find relevant information on what's going on in the world of pension fund investment and topics that are relevant for this subject. The course notes are almost a waste of time once you've read through it 5 or 6 times. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can read to improve my chances of passing. Websites, recent discussion papers..? Would really appreciate some advice!! Thanks