1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

SA3 Sep 18

Discussion in 'SA3' started by WeHaveSalah, Sep 21, 2018.

1. WeHaveSalah

WeHaveSalah Member

So much harder than the past papers over the last couple of years... Surely they've got to have generous marking (even scaling) and a pass mark of 55?

2. Yuli

Yuli Member

Yh was a tough paper but they won’t do anything

3. Uroš

Uroš Member

I feel like the knowledge from the syllabus did not help me a lot :).
    Hard to score 60+ for me :).

For anyone interested:
    Q1: ORSA (approx. 10 points)
    Q2: Brexit (approx. 20 points)
    Q3: Love Insurance (approx. 30 points)
    Q4: UW cycle (approx. 40 points)

I still remember some parts of the exam, but my memory is fading quickly.

4. leechang

leechang Member

Question 1. ORSA, saw the disappointment in the faces of people in the hall! quite enjoyable actually - luckily for us its was only 12 marks. Q2 on Brexit was decent
    Q3 on Love insurance was dumb and the reserving bit on it was too open and ambigiuos
    Q4: the mark allocation was absurd

Uroš likes this.
  5. MJustice

MJustice Member

pass rate's been consistently around 40% for the last few years. seems like it's going to be a lot lower for this sitting purely because we happened to take a much more difficult exam which seems reallu unfair (doubt the pass mark will be lowered enough)

6. Maxit

Maxit Member

Hi all, although I'm sitting SA2 I just happened to come across this thread and a few topics from the Sept 2018 SA3 sitting mentioned by Uros above jumped out at me, i.e.: ORSA and Brexit. I had a quick look at this past SA3 exam and wow that ORSA question was HARD.
    Does the SA3 core reading provide that much detail to be able to answer that ORSA quesion??
    The SA2 one certainly doesn't and I would've very much struggled to gain a lot of marks on this question..

7. Katherine Young

Katherine Young ActEd Tutor Staff Member

There are a couple of pages of discussion in the Core Reading yes, but as usual not enough to score full marks in the exam.