Results September 2018

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Aeroactuary, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Aeroactuary

Aeroactuary Member

Best wishes!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2018
    KMER94 likes this.
  2. KMER94

KMER94 Member

The exams appear to be down as "pending" result for September 2018 exams (in exam history section). The letters usually appear around now too but don't get updated until the morning with the results.

I've also been checking my emails to see if they're going to put up an extra website to take extra capacity this time round but doesn't appapp they've made the effort this time. Might email to confirm.

Aeroactuary likes this.
  3. Calm

Calm Ton up Member

Let's pray hard for all especially those taking CT4, CT5 and CT6 that these exams were passed and no papers were "wasted".

4. KMER94

KMER94 Member

5. Infinity

Infinity Member

Um also CT1. Oh and also CT3 and CT8. They also become double exams. So that is basically most people who fail CT1, CT3, CT4, CT5, CT6 and CT8, which are nearly all the CTs that will have a problem and be impacted by the new curriculum

Aeroactuary likes this.
  6. Infinity

Infinity Member

This happens every year. The ifoa make an empty apology and do the same year after year.

Aeroactuary likes this.
  7. Infinity

Infinity Member

This link takes you to something about April exams...

Aeroactuary likes this.
  8. Aeroactuary

Aeroactuary Member

Why is this forum so dull? No one seems excited about the results :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2018
  9. Calm

Calm Ton up Member

Because the excitement comes when you find that you passed that CT paper so you don't need to do the paper in the new curriculum! :) Or, the other kind of "excitement" when you gotta spend much more for new course materials (particularly the computer-based element) in the very unfortunate case of the latter. :eek:

Aeroactuary likes this.
  10. Infinity

Infinity Member

Perhaps because people are worried they will have to waste their time studying this rubbish all over again and not be able to spend time with their children or partners, go clubbing, find a partner even, sacrifice healthcare and fitness, go to the pub, play on the PlayStation or watch tv, visit elderly parents, get a pedicure or get their hair done

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2018
    Harashima Senju and Calm like this.
  11. almost_there

almost_there Member

Tonight will be a huge betrayal of so many people by the IFoA. There's no excuse for it. People should make sure they fill in their member's survey that should be emailed to you already or in the next few days and express your dissatisfaction without holding back - you won't be the only ones complaining.

Harashima Senju, Calm and Infinity like this.
  12. Infinity

Infinity Member

I’m looking forward to seeing estimations from all you budding actuaries about many people will have to take extra exams next year. It’s easy to get a rough answer from the pass lists

13. almost_there

almost_there Member

People suffering from extra exams shouldn't be quiet and look at their shoes or expect other people to do all the complaining for them. Anyone who complains about it won't be the first & I believe IFoA are vulnerable on this issue hoping that complaints will disappear into thin air...

14. Aeroactuary

Aeroactuary Member

What are the predictions :)

15. Calm

Calm Ton up Member

That each of the CT exams miraculously has a 99% pass rate. That highly unlikely scenario will at least satisfy all those who were faced with the imminent threat of Curriculum 2019.

No, but seriously, I will be glad to have the CT3 and CT4 passes from this iFoA sitting and the CT5 exemption from NTU.

Aeroactuary likes this.
  16. Harashima Senju

Harashima Senju Ton up Member

I took CT5 and I'm scared

Infinity likes this.
  17. Harashima Senju

Harashima Senju Ton up Member

the possibility of failing and rewriting double or even triple exams

18. Infinity

Infinity Member

Oh it’s all coming out now isn’t it. I was ridiculed previously Harashima. I’m in the same situation. I just stopped taking exams. I only had ct4, 5 and 8 left. Got the st and sa exams. Thought I nearly finished after years. And the ifoa pull this rubbish on us. They are liars. Please take a look at the CEO statement in the 2016/2017 annual report. I hope you pass but if you don’t then you can complain to our CEO who has lied to you.

Harashima Senju and almost_there like this.
  19. almost_there

almost_there Member

Does anyone know what the point of having 25 council members is, who are actuaries. I hold every single one of them responsible for this for failing to hold IFoA Executive (usually non-actuaries, lawyers, accountant, managers) to account. I hope they're reading this because I want them to know they've let their profession down big time.

Harashima Senju likes this.
  20. Infinity

Infinity Member

so did you pass? Nearly 1200 people failed CT5, I wonder how many of them have to repeat CT1 material all over again??

21. GemmaHayes

GemmaHayes Member

I passed I see for ct4 but a low pass rate which is worrying