1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Reserving Calculations

Discussion in 'SA3' started by Steve Parry, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Steve Parry

Steve Parry Member

When looking at past papers pre-2010, I've noticed a few questions which have asked for comprehensive BCL/BF calculations. There is also an exam-style question on this at the end of Chapter 9 (Valuation Bases). However, when doing papers post-2010, there haven't been any questions like this. I know that SA3 builds on SP7/SP8, but would such a question still be examinable?

2. Katherine Young

Katherine Young ActEd Tutor Staff Member

It's a risky business trying to predict the exam! Certainly these sorts of questions are assumed knowledge, and I am sure the examiners would take a pretty dim view of any SA3 student who didn't perform well at these, or who couldn't interpret the results. However in my opinion the more recent exams are probably more representative of what you'll see in a few weeks' time.

Good luck!