Presentation questions

Discussion in 'CA3' started by markacti, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. almost_there

almost_there Member

They're not quoting any facts at all. I do not move in some extreme, rocking, odd way when I present - to suggest is both insulting and fails to take into account the limitations of webcam recordings, where being close to the webcam does exaggerate movements. Also the fact I was sitting down to present so that limits movement even more. They're on shaky grounds if they're penalising people for their voice or body movements anyway, think about that one.

I don't buy your talk about wanting to help others; it's very clear your only interest is to defend a status quo that's failing many for no good reason. You can't even think of excuses for the 10+ mark discrepancy between markers, which is probably why you've not ventured much into the "Exam marking problems" thread.

2. bystander

bystander Member

When I said facts I was referring to your comments on people disclosing their marks. These are facts. Offering tips at what I would do isn't nannying. It's giving a different way to attempt papers and pass next sitting. I failed this in my time too. There's a sitting in May isn't there? I'm trying to give people sitting then hope and ways to deal with any situation. Yes the exams can be improved that's why there's the review. I apologise if you find my marks offensive. Someone pointed out once to me I fiddle with my fingers when talking - I'd never noticed til someone said.

3. almost_there

almost_there Member

While watching the US Presidential election coverage, I came across an extremely good and insightful commentator named Dr Charles Krauthammer. He makes a very good living on the American media as a political commentator, journalist etc. after training initially as a Doctor... when he had a freak diving accident which caused his disability. If this individual could not communicate effectively then he wouldn't be able to make a living in those fields. He always sits down to make his comments, as he's paralysed. I haven't seen him use hand gestures much if at all - perhaps he can't? Actually I didn't realise he had a disability for quite some time since it didn't affect his ability to communicate.
    One thing that does contribute very heavily towards good communication is an excellent command of the English language. It's worth noting that this profession does not require a minimum standard of English language competence, be it to join or to receive Fellowship. It's also odd how few marks are allocated in CA3 for fundamental English language skills.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017
  4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Thread closed - thanks for your contributions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.