Potential claims against the UK profession(s)

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by whistleblower21, Jun 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Null

Null Member

Please tell us.

Why didn’t you appear as the IFoA star witness in court?

almost_there likes this.
  2. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Lol - he's been with the IFoA for 9 years, perhaps he thought it was time for a change. Perhaps another opportunity came along. Perhaps he's being pushed out of the door because of all of spotlight being shone by you, almost_there et al. I have as much knowledge of his reasons for resigning as you. Unless you've heard something to substantiate your opinions then you are just aswell as informed as me.

My key point? You shouldn't be stating things as fact unless you can back it up. This is a common issue for you which permeates across a lot of your posts.

As for being the IFoA's "star witness" in court, I think the IFoA exec/staff are much better placed to opine on IFoA policies than me. For example, you continually state that the MRAs are flawed but the judgment states that neither you nor your witnesses knew enough about the Swiss actuarial education statement to fully comment.

3. Null

Null Member

You make it sound like the case has been lost. You seem to keep forgetting the IFOA have been done for race discrimination.

Put your money where your mouth is and tell the IFoA you want to be a witness for them

4. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

What a strange suggestion and expression, would I have to pay them to be a witness?

5. almost_there

almost_there Member

Will Mr Cribb be apologising before he departs, for IFoA being done for race discrimination under his watch?

Are you saying the Swiss qualification is the same as IFoA Fellowship?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2019
  6. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

I'm not, I'm just pointing out that you regularly make unsubstantiated comments and portray them as the truth.

7. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Any update on this? Is he funding all future legal cases against the IFoA?

8. almost_there

almost_there Member

Why won't IFoA ask that question on social media to find out?

They are completely flawed. Read the AAE minutes then get back to us.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2019
  9. almost_there

almost_there Member

Why didn't Mr Cribb put himself forward then? Did he not fancy being cross examined?

10. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Perhaps it was viewed that the loophole was a minor oversight rather than anything significant. Why don't you email the IFoA to ask?

11. almost_there

almost_there Member

IFoA never admitted it as a 'minor oversight'. Mr Cribb's conduct following the hearing as documented in paragraphs 11 to 18 of the Judgment indicates otherwise...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2019
  12. Null

Null Member

Minor oversight! Race discrimination, direct and indirect as well as instructing to discriminate. Breaking the law is not a minor oversight.

Harashima Senju and almost_there like this.
  13. Null

Null Member

None of my comments are unsubstantiated. A reporter has told me that many people were frustrated with Cribb and the race discrimination case was the final straw.

almost_there likes this.
  14. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

What parts relate to his conduct?

15. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Insurance ERM ran an article on 26 June in which IFoA explicitly stated that even his departure was not due to the case!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2019
  16. almost_there

almost_there Member

Quite. They've been caught out big time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.