Past Paper Questions

Discussion in 'SA6' started by Anne Marie, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Anne Marie

Anne Marie Member

Hi

I'm looking at some past questions (Oct 2015 Q1)

Its split into various parts. In my answer, the points I made were in different sections to the examiners report (e.g my j curve point was earlier).

would I still get credit for this?

2. bystander

bystander Member

Hard to be certain. Strictly speaking, no because the report would give the points they were expecting in what they believe are the relevant sections. That said, there is scope for discretion and some examiners may allow this and any issues like this would probably get discussed at the examiners meting. Also, if you are borderline and the script is subject to extra scrutiny, that may help your case. No experience on Sa6 so my comments are generic. Perhaps think why did I put this in X rather than y? I think you are probably right not to duplicate material in different sections albeit there can be overlap if one section goes into more detail than another and you need to bring that into your answer.

3. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

As mentioned above, there is some discretion, and examiners can award you a point in a second section if you have mentioned it in the first section. Any sections "a, b, c" are marked together so it doesnt matter which of these you enter the idea - they all count together. Parts (i), (ii), (iii) etc are different, but often examiners try to be lenient. Duplication is time consuming, but if it seems to fit both, there is not much downside to mentioning it twice.

Anne Marie likes this.