pass rates too low

Discussion in 'South Africa' started by Bidza, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Bidza

Bidza Member

Is anyone else shocked/bothered by the low pass rates for the ASSA st and sa subjects.In this last sitting(nov2011),ST1 had 26%,ST2-18%,ST3-11%,ST5-17%.The only anomaly was st4 with a reasonable 40% pass rate.For the sa subjects,every other subject besides sa2 &4 had a pass rate below 26%.The results for other sessions are similar to these.I find this very demoralising.I am not even sure if it is an advantage to write ASSA exams.I think I stand a better chance with UK exams,what do you guys think?

2. Pede

Pede Member

If you work for a South Africa company, do you have a choice? I was under the impression you had to do the SA system. I see the India results are even worse...

3. Bidza

Bidza Member

You have a coice since the ASSA exams only started last year,but Im sure they will change it soon.I didnt think anything could be worse than SA.Indian exams must beclose to impossible then,lol.Oh well,I guess we have to soldier on

4. bystander

bystander Member

Don't be too quick to blame the exam. Candidates have to be fit to pass and if they enter unprepared then they won't and shouldn't make the pass mark

5. Bidza

Bidza Member

I am in agreement with bystanders point.However it is a bit worrying and demoralising when pass rates are consistently below 25%.Its back to the drawing board for me,need to triple my efforts and to make sure I am on the pass list next time.

6. Bidza

Bidza Member

I agree with your point bystander,but it is a bit demoralising and worrying when pass rates are consistently in the low twenties.I guess every failure presents an opportunity for you to pick yourself up and rise up to the chalenge.Its back to the drawing board,hopefully it will be better 3rd time around.

7. bystander

bystander Member

Having had a few fails myself, victory is all the more sweeter when you do make it.

Good luck and prepare well

8. I agree... How many times did you take CT5, CT6 and CA1??
    How did your employers take it when you failed