1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

paper 2 - summary report - conlusion section

Discussion in 'CP2' started by Viki2010, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

hi guys,
    I've noticed that there were 19 marks for conclusions and 9 marks for results on the paper 2 examiners report for September 2018 sitting.
    The example solution does not have a separate section for conclusion. Many other papers from the past had a very short conclusion section.
    This may be a bit confusing for the markers, don't you think?

Would it be a good idea to separate the RESULTS and CONCLUSIONS section in the summary report for the 9 and 19 marks? But using this approach, the conclusion section would be a very large section, unlike in the past example solutions....

2. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hello,

If you read the IFoA guide and CMP notes, you need to read well the question. If your client is asking your boss a question, for example, the client wants to know which scenarios is optimal to use. Then, based on all workings, you should give a conclusion answering the query. Where there is no question from the client, you won't see conclusion section.

Conclusion in terms of marking scheme is how you infer information from tables and calculations. This is different from conclusion section.

I hope you get my point.

3. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

That's very helpful thank you.

Dar_Shan0209 likes this.