P2 booklets - Mistake in question 106?

Discussion in 'Practice modules' started by Little Miss Actuary, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Hi

Should the answer to question 160 in the P2 booklet (2009) be C not B? If not, please can someone explain why not? :)

Also, am I correct in thinking these booklets contain example questions and they are not a complete bank of actual questions? i.e. the actual exam won't be a random selection of questions in the booklets? :confused:

2. Shameless bump and another quick question...

I have the practice module study materials for the 2009 exams. By what date do I have to take the exam before I would need to buy the 2010 exam study materials?

3. Lynn Birchall

Lynn Birchall ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi

Argh, yes - the answer should be C (the CFO Forum, rather than the CRO Forum). Sorry about that - thank you for pointing it out. :eek:

Yes, that's right - they are example questions, not actual past exam questions. The actual exam won't be a selection of questions from the booklets.

Hope that clears up any confusion. Best wishes with the studying
    Cheers :)
    Lynn

4. Thanks Lynn :)

Do you know the answer to my query in post #2? :)

5. Lynn Birchall

Hi LMA :)

I don't know for sure and can't spot the info on the profession's website ...

I will try and find an answer ;) In the meantime, I suppose an email to the profession's exam team would get you the definitive response.

Cheers
    Lynn

6. Lynn Birchall

Hello again

As far as I know, the syllabus lasts for the calendar year. So, your 2009 study materials will be fine provided you do the exam pre-Christmas and you'd need the 2010 materials if you leave it until next year.

However, I'm not absolutely 100% sure that this is accurate, so I'd still suggest sending an email to the profession to double-check! :)

Lynn

7. Ok, thanks :)

8. For anyone else following this, I just got this response from the Institute:

9. Lynn Birchall

Hi LMA

Thanks for posting your reply from the Institute

Best of luck with P2, whenever you choose to sit it :)
    Lynn