1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

P level exams

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by black_bird, Nov 5, 2021.

1. black_bird

black_bird Member

Hi I am a newly qualified and would like to take some P level exams. Please how difficult are they? Namely the life and the health ones... I heard these are multiple choice questions, but any info I could get on pass rates, additional materials etc...

A big thank you! Y

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

3. black_bird

black_bird Member

thank you really appreciated. Please any info on pass rate and how difficult they are comparing to the past actuarial exams? how many hours should I plan for the P level etc. I went through all those exams with great struggle haha

4. mavvj

mavvj Ton up Member

I don't think pass rates are available. They are just a knowledge check so are easier than the SA exams they are attached to. You just need to learn the material itself, no need for a deeper understanding.

5. laura_mils

laura_mils Active Member

I asked for some advice a while ago on these exams and what to do.
    UK Practice Module - advice needed!! | Actuarial Education (acted.co.uk)
    I did the P0 and P3. under really tight timeframe I passed these first attempt. You don't find out your pass % so I could have been super boarder line and not know.
    I found them honestly tricky, some questions I just immediately knew and others I had to eliminate the ones I knew it definitely wasn't from the multiple choice and take a best guess of the remaining.
    I would get them done as soon as you have sat the SA exam. I sat them this time last year, and I had sat the related SA in the April and the SPs the year before.

I read the flip books once and then just worked through the example questions a few times. It is a closed book exam though (unless its changed since I sat it)