1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

OPAT and Online CT9

Discussion in 'CT9' started by raghav.o, Sep 14, 2012.

1. raghav.o

raghav.o Member

Hello,
    Since I'm not living in the UK but want to give the online CT9 examination, I had some questions about this-

First off, I was wondering if anyone has appeared for the OPAT (Online Professional Awareness Test) yet and knows what this is about/how easy/hard it is? Since this is something completely new- any givers so far?

Also, the CT9 itself- slots for May-13 open on 1-Oct. I want to register but can't till I pass the OPAT. I'm hoping to be done with that by the end of october and registering for the may CT9 by then. Is this practical or do slots fill up too quickly for that? :confused:

Thirdly- for those who have given the online version of this exam- how many hours in a day (during the 10 day study period) go to studying? Is it possible to work during those days or does it become necessary to take a leave?

Regards,
    Rho

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
  2. Miss_Vee

Miss_Vee Member

Sorry I can't help with the OPAT (I joined the profession earlier). Hopefully the tutors will answer that.

But I am also curious about the third question you raised ie. the amount of hours whilst on the 10 day online class. I am scheduled for February, would really like to know whether I need to take time off work or its something that can be done at your own time. Nonetheless still plan to take those days off.

3. raghav.o

raghav.o Member

I got a reply on a mail I'd sent to the Actuarial Profession- it seems that we will have to meet fellow team members in a chat room only every alternate day (on times decided by consensus), and most people do carry on as usual during this period.

Still unsure about the OPAT though- anyone given this yet? :)

4. raghav.o

raghav.o Member

Hello everyone,

I went ahead and gave the PAT just today (and passed!), the exam itself is quite easy. Just go in armed with the Actuaries Code, professional gumption and some common sense to boot, and I'm sure you'll pass it too! :)

All the best!

5. Hey, Thanks for telling about the OPAT. I need to give OPAT in order to obtain CT9 exemption. I just wanted to know that, is there any specific time slot given by the institute to appear for OPAT or we can give it at our convineince ??