Membership Fees - IFOA

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by sahildh, May 2, 2016.

1. sahildh

sahildh Member

I am from India and am currently giving papers under IAI. I am now thinking of registering for IFOA. Its the month of May and from the site I got to know that the annual membership fees is payable in October for IFOA. So there were a few doubts -

(1) If I register now then is the annual membership fees payable along with the initial registration ?

(2) If the annual membership fees is payable along with initial registration then do I need to pay it again in October 2016 ?

It would be really grateful if someone could guide me through this.

2. deepakraomore

deepakraomore Member

Its better to speak with authotised person from IFoA.
    Neverthless...
    Have you cleared CT1 as non member? Or cleared some CTs from IAI? To get membership.
    1)what i remember is ..you need to pay the registration fee initially and after October you will be paying annual subscription fee.

3. sahildh

sahildh Member

Thanks Deepak for your valuable reply. Can anyone else could give their views ?

4. bystander

bystander Member

I think when you apply you are asked for an entrance fee and subscription. So if you are ratified say June 2016 you still have to pay the subscription for the full 2015 2016 year. Have a look at the application form which tells you what to send. Not sure if any pro rats gets applied, but I don't think so. I think Georgina Jenkins at the profession will be the person with the definitive answer. You are right that renewals fall due in October.

5. It is also worth noting that they Reduced price membership fee that the IFOA charged in past based on nationality / national origin is no longer applicable as it contravenes S.13 of the Equality Act 2010. However you can apply for reduced rate membership like all members / prospective members.

Infinity likes this.