1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Marks given for visual aids

Discussion in 'CP3' started by Syst_Analyst, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Syst_Analyst

Syst_Analyst Member

I have just done CP3 Mock Exam 2 and got it marked. I did not get a single mark within the 'charts and tables' subsection of the "Construction" section.
    I did not include either:
    - A visual aid relevant to investment performance over the year
    - A bar chart (as was expected in the solutions)
    But I did include a 'well formatted' table. Does this not mean that I should get some marks, particularly in the second half of the subsection which pertains to keeping the visual aid simple and uncluttered? Or do you only get the marks if the visual aid is trying to communicate the desired material from the question.

Thanks

2. Helen Evans

Helen Evans Ton up Member Staff Member

Hi
    Yes in line with your last point you do need the visual aid to be deemed appropriate to score marks in the second half of the subsection (as well as the first). This is just highlighting that it is important to think really carefully about the most suitable visual aid for the particular communication.