Marking exchange

Discussion in 'CP1' started by Logarithm n Blues, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Logarithm n Blues

Logarithm n Blues Active Member

Hi fellow CP1 students,

I was wondering if anyone sitting the exam this April would be interested in an exchange of marking. This would give the benefits of getting papers marked -feedback on your style and communication as well as honest scoring- but also would give the opportunity to experience the markers perspective and understand what an easy or difficult to mark answer looks like more clearly.

I'm thinking of something like the following (but am open to suggestions) :
    We would agree a certain past paper (or maybe even just a question) that we would both attempt.
    We would both scan our answers and send them to each other.
    We would return marks and comments for each answer - either an annotated script or just a breakdown of the marks and comments in a detailed email.
    We would both benefit from getting a marked script and also seeing another perspective.

I could be flexible on timings (I'd be interested to hear if you might be interested closer to the exam date for example.)
    Personally - I sat CA1 twice before and am heavily driven to pass this time. I will be dedicating a lot of time to study and practice and am always looking for new ways to keep that interesting.
    If anyone is interested then please feel free to post here or send me a direct message.

2. Furiously_treading_water

Furiously_treading_water Active Member

Hey Logarithm,
    Had much interest in this?

3. Logarithm n Blues

Logarithm n Blues Active Member

None yet unfortunately furious. Can I tempt you to try?

4. Furiously_treading_water

Furiously_treading_water Active Member

The prospect terrifies me. Therefore, probably, worth doing.

Similar spot for me, I need to dedicate lots of time and attention to doing the papers but the course does not... how should I say it... inspire passion. Would appreciate the drive of working with someone else to help.

5. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hi guys,
    This seems fine for me. Can we have a group to discuss this? I am sitting the exam in April.

6. Deezat

Deezat Made first post

Hi Logarithm, very much interested.