Introducing the ActEd Acronym App

Discussion in 'CA1' started by Steve Hales, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Steve Hales

Steve Hales ActEd Tutor Staff Member

www.ActEdAcronymApp.co.uk

Whilst acronyms alone won’t get you through the CA1 exam, they can certainly help structure answers and generate ideas. The ActEd Acronym App is a free web-based revision aid to help you manage your acronym learning. It contains nearly 50 of the classic acronyms from Subject CA1, and allows you to create your own. User feedback is welcomed and will be used for future updates and improvements to the service.

www.ActEdAcronymApp.co.uk

2. bledubd

bledubd Member

This looks useful.

3. Marzipan

Marzipan Member

I like the acronym for this app - "AAA" - it exactly describes my sentiments towards the exams!

4. Albaluna

Albaluna Member

This website is really helpful, thanks Acted!

I find it useful to have it open while I'm going through the core reading and annotating the summary sheets with the acronyms.

5. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Yes, sorry for the delay. The app was apparently decommission ages ago, due to a change in the security policy at BPP. The app wasnt compliant. There is a post on our BPP Teams that it may still be available on google play, but I havent checked that. Since the exams became open book the demand for these acronyms has fallen almost to zero. The ActEd handout solutions still have a few at the back of each of days 1, 2 and 3, and these are the only ones that we (ActEd tutors) update. The forum may have some others that people have posted in the past, but these are not kept up to date.