Indian Exemptions - wonder what our Indian colleagues have to say?

Discussion in 'India' started by Infinity, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Infinity

Infinity Member

2. almost_there

almost_there Member

"The IFoA is currently unable to confirm whether we will be recognising IAI examination passes achieved after January 2019."

Why can't IFoA just confirm they won't... I'm afraid I don't trust any promises made by IFoA anymore.

Infinity likes this.
  3. Infinity

Infinity Member

suddenly stopping exemptions for Indian students and not honouring exemptions for an exam sitting in less than a months time is quite untrustworthy.... does anyone know when it happened? they don't even bother to put a date on the announcement and despite the fact that i get a Million junk mails every day from the IFoA, I don't recall one containing this Topic...

An entire Review of the Indian exam System it seems... but I thought the Syllabus and study materials were the same?

almost_there likes this.
  4. almost_there

almost_there Member

Yeah funny how they need to compare the two examination systems when they've already got a mutual recognition agreement... I'm sure they will fully document their findings on their website in a very transparent manner just like the rigorous mapping they've already carried out for all their other MRAs which is fully documented... where on their website exactly? Oh, no one has ever seen it?

Also don't they realise by making that statement that if their new exam system is different because they have a new computer exam or whatever, then they should be reviewing all their existing mutual recognition agreements... they have claimed to have such a rigorous mapping process for their existing MRAs.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2018
    Infinity likes this.