1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Incorrect marking in CP2

Discussion in 'CP2' started by Viki2010, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I would like to bring to your attention that the marking is not done properly. To give you an example:
    I've stated in my next steps in the report (paper 2)
    Obtain a peer review of the work performed

This is an exact 1 mark on the marking scheme. One marker has given me 1 mark in line with the marking scheme. Another marker has given me zero - this is not correct.

Another example, I have provided 24 ideas of "next steps" and the first marker has given me 2 marks out of 3 for any other valid next step, and the second marker has given me zero. This was the last section of the marking of paper 2, and I suspect that the second marker was really tired by this stage. I just can't believe that something like this can be happening - this is not correct!

What can I do now? The appeal cost quite a lot of money and based on the IFOA statistics is not going to change anything....

Dom B and almost_there like this.
  2. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Also worth mentioning, there are plenty of other examples where the marker 1 and marker 2 are 100% out and the final mark awarded is simply an average - without an objective review.

almost_there likes this.
  3. almost_there

almost_there Member

As the discredited FRC are being dumped as oversight for IFoA then I think people need to get together, petition, whatever works best to ask for proper education oversight.

Viki2010 likes this.
  4. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

The markers are not under exam conditions when marking and there is no excuse for me to make such big mistakes - AWARDING A ZERO MARK when the answer is 100% correct and not subjective. The markers are getting paid and nobody reviews their quality of work. Essentially, in these cases someone is getting student's money for very poor quality of effort. Why not do something different than marking papers if this cannot be done CORRECTLY?

Dom B and almost_there like this.
  5. almost_there

almost_there Member

Remember IFoA are keen to start checking the quality of their member's work but how can this be credible when the quality of the marking is this bad? It doesn't look good I must say.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2018
  6. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

It's also not fair to students and is not an honest business if we pay for "marking jobs", which are done incorrectly and nobody corrects it before releasing.

almost_there likes this.
  7. almost_there

almost_there Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2018
    Viki2010 likes this.
  8. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Thanks, I will do so. I don't want to feel like a victim of someone's laziness and incompetence.