How to appear for CT 9 from India

Discussion in 'CT9' started by Ivanhoe, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Member

Hi,

I am from India. I wish to appear for CT9. However, I read on the IFA website that if I take CT 9 from the Indian society, then the Institute would not grant me a corresponding exemption. I wrote to them asking what I should do. They surprisingly did not respond. I have cleared the rest of the CT papers and wish to take CT 9. Can anyone please tell me as to what do I need to do?

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
  2. Jingo

Jingo Member

3. Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Member

Thank you Jingo,

However, they are not accepting the online version now.Please read the following:

"There are various ways that you can enter:

Enter online by logging in to your personal account if you are paying by card. This will give you greater access to the current dates and locations
    Download and complete an application form from the right, and return it to us
    At the moment we cannot take online bookings for the online exam version, and you will need to complete and return the application form".

If I apply, how do I know which date I'll get for the exam? I need to plan accordingly.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
  4. rshenoy

rshenoy Member

For CT 9 - online you cannot register online!! yeah, it doesn't make sense but what can you say. You can find the form at
    HTML:
    http://www.actuaries.org.uk/research-and-resources/documents/application-form-online-exam-special-overseas-rates-20112012-subjec
    . and the dates given therein are 13th Feb to 24th Feb

5. Jingo

Jingo Member

Hi guys,

Yes, it sounds like they are not taking online applications, but you can register by filling out and submitting the form.

Cheers

6. Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Member

Thanks guys. I think I will have to manually fill the form and then post it across. I wonder how the material will be supplied though. It is annoying when they don't respond to your email.

Regards,