1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

General question: Answering exam questions

Discussion in 'SA2' started by afen0029, Sep 25, 2019.

1. afen0029

afen0029 Member

Hi,

When working out questions, is it possible to combine two questions in one?

For example
    i) explain risks associated with product (10 marks)
    ii) explain how above risks are mitigated (14 marks)

Would it possible to combine the two in one answer, i.e. write the risk and immediately write down the associated controls/mitigation methods?

I find that this happens sometimes and I would rather just combine the two. Especially with longer questions where it just gets messy and you would need to turn pages back and forth to remember what you wrote.

Any opinions from examiners?

Thanks so much!

2. Em Francis

Em Francis ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi
    As long as you make it clear, this shouldn't be a problem. However I would advise only using this approach for questions where it asks to state/outline the risks and then for each risk state/outline a method to mitigate.
    The reason being is that with 'explain 'questions a lot more depth is required and the controls that you need to explain may be applicable to many risks. By keeping them separate, you are avoiding repeating yourself.

Hope this helps.
    Best of luck.
    Em

3. afen0029

afen0029 Member

Thanks so much! Helps loads!