1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

File creation time

Discussion in 'CP2' started by shdh, Apr 16, 2020.

1. shdh

shdh Ton up Member

Hi,

I wanted to ask if there is any hard and fast rule about the file creation time? In my paper 1, i created the file 4 minutes before the exam time began. Will it matter in the marking?

Any response would be helpful.

2. ntickner

ntickner Very Active Member

No - that sort of time difference isn't going to be noticed.

3. AlexLky

AlexLky Very Active Member

Do you get penalised for this? I had to sit the exam at 3am my time so I had a blank excel and word doc in a folder so i could wake up and they'd be saved in the right place, as being half asleep i didn't want to make the mistake of not saving them in the right place. (ie they'd have been created around 5 hrs beforehand).

4. shdh

shdh Ton up Member

Hi AlexLky,

I dont think this would be a problem. File creation time is not usually checked. But they do check for the IP address from which the files were uploaded. So just take care of this. Also, in your situation, when the exam was way early in the morning, it is okay and you have a fair reason for the same.

AlexLky likes this.