1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Expected format

Discussion in 'CP3' started by Viki2010, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Hi, just wondering what would be an expected format in the following scenario. The client writes an email to an actuary. We as actuarial students are being asked to "DRAFT A RESPONSE".
    What would be the expected format: a formal letter or an email?
    I would tend to think that it should be a formal letter as it is for the client etc.
    But it would be sent by email and is a response to an email....so it may be somewhat confusing....

2. Helen Evans

Helen Evans Ton up Member Staff Member

An interesting question! I could see that either could be acceptable if the question does not specify, but I'd be inclined to include a note in my script to explain that I understand there is more than one possible option. Note if you did decide to choose the formal letter approach you could also draft a very short covering email to explain that a letter has been provided.