Exam Instructions April 2020 CP2

Discussion in 'CP2' started by JoeKing, Apr 1, 2020.

1. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

Hi David,

Is there a change in what is required this session? Does the workbook have the answer sheets below? I received the below instructions for the exam regarding the layout of a workbook to download and put in answers or is this just an error from a template email sent for other exams?

Thanks,

The below instructions are to be followed for the completion of the CP2 – Modelling Practice:

o An Excel workbook has been supplied together with the examination paper. This workbook must be used for the completion of the paper.

o The workbook contains a separate sheet for each question part. All your workings for each question part should be included on the appropriately labelled sheet. Some of these sheets include an example layout for your workings but you may choose to use an alternative layout.
    o There is also an answer sheet for each question within the workbook. Your final answers should be put on these sheets in the cells indicated.
    o Your Excel workbook must not contain links to any other documents.
    o Once the examination has been completed, save the file using the following naming convention: Your ARN_Subject_session, and upload the workbook to the online examination platform for marking.

2. ntickner

ntickner Very Active Member

Yes, you'll get a workbook, but no, it doesn't have those separated sheets. The workbook will only contain the data provided as part of the exam (which will be described and explained in the paper). The rest of the workbook, it's structure, how you set it up (that is, how much do you put on each sheet) is entirely up to you.
    Those instructions don't seem to be applicable to CP2 (or CA2 before it) - where did you come across them?

3. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

We received via email today. Seems odd so maybe it's an error but it says to follow closely at the same time.

4. David Hopkins

David Hopkins Member

This looks like the wording they would have used for one of the earlier computer-based Excel exams, where the students have to answer 3 self-contained questions. It looks like they have just repeated this wording without amending it for CP2.
    To the best of my knowledge there are no changes to the arrangements for the CP2 exam from last session. If you're concerned about it, you can contact the exam support team at the Institute.

5. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

Thanks for both replies. I will take it as a typo so and that we proceed to create our structured workbook as usual. Thanks

6. ntickner

ntickner Very Active Member

Just to close this down - I've confirmed with the examinations team that they sent out the wrong instructions - for CM subjects instead of CP2. This will be corrected.

7. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

Thanks, they sent updated instructions today via email amended for the original error.